Caring for your dog is easy if you follow a few basic rules:
1) Feed your dog high quality dog food. Look for products that contain meat not meat by products, vegetables and protein avoid food that contains a lot of grains.
Feed your dog according to the directions on the dog food be careful not to over or under feed.
Try feeding your dog on a regular schedule - Early in the morning and late afternoon/early evening is recommended.
2) Although you might be tempted and it seems right do not feed your dog excessive amounts of human food.
Human food can lead to health problems, as animal nutritional requirements are different than that of humans.
Avoid chocolate, avocado, bread dough, raisins, grapes, onions - avoid sweeteners like xylitol.
3) Good clean water is very important. Make sure the water bowl is cleaned regularly.
4) Get your dog vaccinated - including regular booster injections.
Use a good reliable veterinarian.
Do not try and give your dog human medicines as it can be toxic to them.
5) Make use of regular parasite preventative treatments - Treatments include flea, heartworm and ringworm.
6) Keep your dog's coat clean by bathing your dog with a good mild dog shampoo. Use a reliable pet groomer if you want your pet’s hair and nails clipped.
7) Provide your dog with plenty of exercise. Take it for walks, play ball or a game of fetch. Exercise burn off excess energy, which, if unattended, could cause behavioral problems.
8) Make sure your pet is kept inside your yard and is not allowed to run free in the streets where it can get hurt. Make sure the fence is high enough so your dog cannot jump over the fence.
9) Socialize your dog. From just a few weeks of age introduce your puppy to as many different people, sights, sounds and smells as you can. Take care not to overwhelm the dog and make it fearful if it is not comfortable.
10) Respect your dog and it will respect you. Never punish with physical force or demean your dog in any way.
If your dog misbehaves, always review what happened and ask how your actions or inactions may have contributed towards it.
Build a bond of mutual love and respect with your dog.
11) All animals have basic needs. Make sure your dog’s basic needs such as the chance to go to the toilet or not being cooped up in a confined space whole day, is met.
12) Make sure your dog has access to a comfortable place to sleep and is not left out in extreme temperatures.
For more detailed info visit https://www.wikihow.pet/Take-Care-of-a-Dog
Dry food needs to be stored in a cool & dry place.
To prevent mould never put more than one meal portion of food in a bowl.
Wash your pets bowl regularly & rinse it well.
Try to keep the food in the original bag it was supplied in.
If you store it in a plastic container - try to put it in the container with the food still in the bag.
Dry food that has been standing for a long time can attract insects and other pests.
Damp can cause mould and fermentation that leads to the forming
of contaminants that are bad for dogs to ingest.
Added for the nutritional aid and management of digestive related infectious diseases.
Bio-Mos is the original natural solution to intestinal health issues. It promotes good bacteria and builds natural defenses there by maximizing animal performance and profitability. Bio-Mos is derived from the cell wall of a select strain of yeast.
Documented research has demonstrated that Bio-Mos:
• Maintains GI health and integrity
• Benefits young, adolescent and senior pets
•Performs during periods of stress
• Contributes to a healthy immune system
• Contributes to an improved immunity / contributes to immunity development
• Bio-Mos decreases the incidence of E.Coli in the gut / Bio- Mos helps to eliminate E.Coli
• Boost gut health
• Increases fiber digestibility
• Bio-Mos improves stool consistency
• Bio-Mos improves colonic health.
Glucosamine Chondroitin for Dogs is a natural ingredient that falls into the same category as vitamins. It is not a pain killer and this is a very good thing for your dog. Pain killers - such as NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) can upset your dog’s stomach, inflame your dog’s liver and even become addictive.
Glucosamine Chondroitin for Dogs produces none of these side-effects and complications.
Glucosamine Chondroitin for Dogs helps to repair, rebuild and renew your dog’s cartilage.
All dogs - no matter what their size - tend to lose the natural flexibility in their joints as they age.
They get stiff, they get arthritis, and they get hip dysplasia – along with all the discomfort these can bring.
Glucosamine Chondroitin for Dogs has been shown to reduce and eliminate this discomfort.
It is one of the primary building blocks of cartilage and has shown to work in three ways by:
• Neutralising destructive enzymes found within all joint cartilage.
• Providing the natural building blocks to synthesise new cartilage.
• Increasing the uptake of fluid into the joints to improve joint lubrication.
Pumpkin seeds are a great source of fiber, which can possibly aid with both constipation and diarrhea
● It is also high in amino acids, essential fatty acids & antioxidants - these oils are believed topromote urinary health.
● Pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of vitamin A, Beta-carotene, potassium & iron which may reduce the likelihood of developing cancer.
● Pumpkin seeds are also believed to aid in weight maintenance & the control of worms.
Taurine is an essential amino acid that is critical for normal heart muscle function, vision, and reproduction.
It is also needed to form the bile salts that aid in digestion.
Taurine as an ingredient to supplement the primary source of this amino acid, which is animal-based protein from sources such as chicken, egg, lamb, and fish.
However, these sources can vary in their taurine content, and adding more taurine is a sound
approach to ensure optimal taurine levels.
The best sources of calcium for your dogs:
• Yogurt is a great source of calcium for your dog.
• Cheese may be fed to puppies as an extra calcium source.
• Chicken and Fish - Dogs generally enjoy chicken and they are a good source of calcium and protein as well.
• Vegtables can also be a good source of calcium.
It is important to change diets gradually.
Switching foods too quickly can cause vomiting, diarrhea, or excess gas.
Unlike humans, dogs and cats often eat the same diet for months or years, and their digestive systems are not as used to change. I
f at any time during transition, your pet experiences gastro-intestinal upset, keep the ratio of old to new food the same for several days.
This will allow your pet to adjust to the new ratio before you incorporate more new food.
This is just a guideline, and you can increase transition time if your pet is particularly sensitive.
Extra tips: Mix in some pumpkin – Plain pumpkin is a great source of soluble fiber, and can help prevent digestive upset. Add a probiotic – Anytime a dietary change is made, the delicate balance of bacteria in a pet’s digestive system can be altered. Adding some of these beneficial bacteria can help the digestive system adjust to the new food and help prevent gas or other gastro-intestinal upset.
Diatoms, coming from Diatomaceous earth, is mined in many parts of the world.
In South Africa it is mined from seven different fresh water sources.
Diatoms have been recognized long time ago as an organic product for animal health and nutrition. It is a naturally occurring, silicon rich sedimentary rock made up of fossilized remains of millions of diatoms, a type of hard-shelled plant algae originally deposited millions of years ago in the earth from dried up seas and lakes.
Diatoms have been used for at least two decades as a natural de-wormer for animals to get rid of unwanted parasites, worms, etc
This site is the official website for the registered brand name TLC Pet Nutrition (Including the products TLC Adult, TLC Puppy & TLC Cat. All information appearing on the TLC Pet Nutrition website including logos are the sole property of the registered owner: Bhenyati Promotions (Pty) Ltd. 2014/110244/07. All information given is to our knowledge accurate and up to date we do however not take responsibility for any errors that may exist or any claims made on this website.
For more info please mail: email@example.com
Site Designed & Maintained by - Plaas-Koop Marketing - firstname.lastname@example.org
PRODUCT REG NO, ACT/36/1947: TLC Adult- V20053, TLC Puppy - V23672